COVID-19 Update - Returning to Skiing
Checklist for return to snowsport activity
• Check and follow the latest Governance Guidance.
• Check with your club, coach/instructor or facility on their policy.
• Follow the facility guidance.
• Follow session specific guidance.
• Follow public health guidance.
• Carry hand sanitiser with you.
• Maintain social distancing (appropriate to the activity).
• Take part if fit and healthy to do so.
• Let your club, or coach/instructor know if you are returning to activity from a COVID-19 infection.
• Ensure you have enough food and hydration for the session.
• No socialising before and after the session.
• Do not take part if showing symptoms or should be isolating.
Disabled participants requiring support are permitted to bring one carer with them to training provided this person is part of their normal ‘family/household’ unit. This could include participants with an intellectual impairment, participants needing support kitting up, changing etc. Coaches should maintain social distancing guidance.
• Be aware that accessible toilets may not be open.
• Ensure hygiene guidance is followed for any equipment that is used.
• Our friends at British Blind Sport are currently working on some resources to support visually impaired people to stay physically active at home. Visit britishblindsport.org.uk